Are you a grandparent raising a grandchild or caring for a younger relative?
Then the Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Symposium and Let’s Connect Expo are for you. The events are scheduled for May 13 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation, 404 Euclid Ave. in San Diego.
At the symposium, you’ll get to participate in skill-building workshops and learn about:
- Legal guardianship options
- Issues affecting youth and young adults
- Behavioral health issues
Breakfast, lunch and child care will be provided and Spanish translation will be available. Bags of food will also be given while supplies last.
To register, you must call 2-1-1 or visit the 2-1-1 website.
The Let’s Connect Expo, for which no registration is required, you’ll have access to resources including:
- Assistance to apply for Medi-Cal and CalFresh (food stamps)
- Health screenings
- Dental varnish
- Job search, resume assistance and tips for interviews
- Resources for youth and young adults
- Family disaster planning
- Healthy food preparation demonstrations